Symptoms of Skype Error 1604:
- Error 1604 cause crashing on the windows opened for the program.
- System crashing or freezing.
- The message for Skype error 1604.
- The sluggish performance of Windows.
- Slow response to the mouse and keyboard.
Causes of Error 1604:
- Poor or incomplete installation of Skype.
- The corrupted windows registry error due to change in Skype entries.
- The attack of virus, Trojans or other malware.
- The interference of other system files with Skype system files.
How to Resolve Skype Error 1604?
Modify the Registry Errors:
To resolve the Error 1604 with Skype, one must keep the registry entries free from all the irrelevant entries. So, you can manually remove the corrupted, damaged or incomplete registry files to resolve the Skype Error 1604.
Steps to manually repair the registry entries:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Type command in the bar and wait for a few minutes.
- Hold the Ctrl+ Shift key and then hit Enter.
- Now click Yes on permission dialog box.
- A black screen with blinking cursor will appear.
- Type and enter “Regedit”.
- Now under the File menu, select Export.
- Select the location where you want to save the Skype backup key.
- Now, under “File name”, name your file as “Skype backup”.
- Select “Selected Branch” in the “Export Range”.
- Select Save.
- The file will be saved as .reg file extension.
- The backup for Skype-related registry entry is now available.
Perform a Virus Scan:
Any infection or malware on your device can cause the Error 1604. So one must perform a regular virus scan on your PC. The infections directly attack the Run-time errors related files and promote the Skype errors.
Clean the Junk Files:
The accumulated junk files can affect the web surfing and cause errors like 1604 happens. The overload of junk files slowdowns the performance of your device and installed apps. So, cleaning junk files from time to time is the most effective way to deal with such errors. It will not only remove the errors but also optimize the performance of your system.
Update your PC Device:
Errors like Skype 1604 which belongs to the category of Run-time errors. Also, problems with drivers occur without any indication, so one must update replace the drivers to get rid of 1604 error. Also, if you are not able to find the right set of drivers, visit the site of the manufacturer and install the latest drivers.
Uninstall or Re-Install Skype:
Re-installing Skype is the most effective remedy for your problem. Here is the how you can uninstall and reinstall Skype.
- Click Start to find Programs and Features.
- Select Control Panel from the menu.
- Hit Programs.
- Choose Program and Features.
- Search Skype Error 1604-associated program under the Name section.
- Select Skype associated entry.
- Click Uninstall from the top menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for uninstalling Skype program.
Once uninstalled, Go to the official website of Skype and download the latest version of Skype and follow the on-screen prompts to install it.